- Extension .AAX: The Audible enhanced audio file definition and linked programs information.
- Type: Audio
- Developer: Audible
How to open AAX Files
The File extension aax is used by the following files type(s) and programs:
Audible enhanced audio files
The AAX file extension is used for a proprietary audio book format used by Audible, an Internet provider of spoken audio entertainment, information, and educational programming.
The company sells digital audiobooks, radio and TV programs, and audio versions of magazines and newspapers. It is owned by Amazon.
AAX format is the enhanced version of AA format and represents highest quality audio format for audio books.
There are many current devices that support the AAX file format, with notable being:
- Apple’s iPods,
- Microsoft Zune,
- Creative Zen,
- Amazon Kinde
- and other.
Programs that open aax files:
- Amazon Kindle (other devices) (Windows Phone/Metro)
- Apple iTunes for Mac (Apple OS X)
- Apple iTunes for Windows (Microsoft Windows)
Problems Opening? Try the following tips:
- Make sure you have the lastest version of the programs that can read these files. If not update or download the newest versions.
- Update the drivers and all the pending issues from your operating system.
- Ensure your file is not corrupted. Try with some other examples.
- Test with another software.
- Don’t rename or change the extension of your files as they will be useless.
Is it safe to delete it?
You can delete it safely as there will be no problem to your computer or mobile device. However you will not be able to use it. Ensure you have a backup before deleting it.