- Extension: .ABR
- File type: Multimedia
- Description: The Adobe Photoshop brush
- Developer: Adobe
- Format: binary data
Problems Opening ABR Files? If you have a File with the .ABR Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .ABR File
An ABR file is a Adobe Photoshop brush multimedia format from Adobe Systems.
ABR Files can have information of the following types:
- Adobe Photoshop brush files: It contain a brush that can be used by the Brush tool in Adobe Photoshop. They include shape, texture, dynamics, and other data for each brush style.
Programs to Open ABR Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension tt will launch it. If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for Adobe Photoshop brush format type in your PC or mobile device.
The following programs can help you open, view, edit or convert:
- Adobe Photoshop (Microsoft Windows).
- ABRView (multiplatform software)
- ACDSee Photo Manager (Microsoft Windows)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Microsoft Windows)
- Adobe Creative Suite for Mac (Apple OS X)
- Adobe Photoshop for Mac (Apple OS X)
.ACV related extensions
How to open ABR Files
- First, find your .ABR file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Adobe Photoshop, ABRView, ACDSee Photo Manager, Adobe Creative Suite
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert an ABR File
You can convert it easily to a PNG (portable network graphics) Format. To do this just save it in Adobe Photoshop as a PNG graphics format.
Problems opening ABR Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .ABR is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a ABR File
You can use the software Adobe Photoshop to create a brush multimedia format.
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete your adobe photoshop brush safely. However, double check before deleting as you will lose all the multimedia brushes information of it. It is safe to delete it for your system.
About .ABR extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .ABR suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The photoshop brush files format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the ABR File or software related.