- Extension: .ACX
- File type: Multimedia
- Description: The Atari ST program
- Developer: Atari
- Format: binary data
Problems Opening ACX Files? If you have a File with the .ACX Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .ACX File
An ACX file is a Atari ST Program format from Atari Systems.
ACX Files can have information of the following types:
- Atari ST program: It is used for some Atari ST program files.
- IBM Rational XDE: It is also associated with IBM Rational XDE that provides a single design-to-code experience inside the included Eclipse IDE, IBM WebSphere® Studio Application Developer and Integration Edition IDEs Microsoft® Visual Studio .NET.
- WebFOCUS data description files: Is is related to Fully integrated enterprise business intelligence platform.
Programs to Open ACX Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension ACX it will launch it. If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for Atari ST Program format type in your PC or mobile device.
The following programs can help you view, edit or convert:
- Gemulator (Open Source)
- Rational Rose Developer for Java (multiplatform software)
- Rational Rose Developer for UNIX (Linux)
- WebFOCUS (Microsoft Windows)
.ACX related extensions
How to open ACX Files
- First, find your .ACX file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Gemulator, Rational Rose Developer, WebFOCUS
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert an ACX File
We don’t have any information about ACX conversion to other formats.
Problems opening ACX Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .ACX is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a ACX File
- You can use the software Gemulator to create a Atari ST program format.
- You can use Rational Rose developer to create a IBM Rational XDE format
- You can use WebFOCUS to create a WebFOCUS data description format.
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete your formats safely. However, double check before deleting as you will lose you information. It is safe to delete it for your system.
About .ACX extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .ACX suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The Atari ST program format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the ACX File or software related.