The extension .DWG: AutoCAD Drawing file definition and 2 other file types and linked programs information.
How to open DWG files
The File extension dwg is used by following type(s) and software:
Default extension: AutoCAD Drawing
The DWG files suffix is related to CAD drawings using in many CAD programs, mainly AutoCAD. These files can be imported to other CAD programs, but generally not created by them unless licensed from AutoDesk.
Programs that open dwg files:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Any DWF to DWG Converter
- AutoCAD for Mac (Apple OS X)
- AutoCAD Update Tool
- AutoCAD WS (multiplatform software)
- AutoCAD WS for Android (Google Android)
- Autocad WS for iOS (iOS)
- AutoCAD WS for Mac (Apple OS X)
- Autodesk Inventor
- AutoDWG Attribute Extractor
- CARTOMAP CAD for iOS (iOS)
- CARTOMAP CAD for Windows
- Creo Parametric
- Drawsight(multiplatform software)
- DWG to IMAGE Converter
- DWG to PDF Converter
- DWG to TIFF Converter
- eDrawings Viewer
- eDrawings Viewer for Mac (Apple OS X)
- FME DESKTOP
- Free DWG Viewer (Windows)
- LX-Viewer (Linux)
- PRO Landscape (Windows)
- Pro/Engineer (multiplatform software)
- Solid Edge (Microsoft Windows)
- SolidWorks (Microsoft Windows)
- TurboCAD (multiplatform software)
- TurboViewer (iOS)
- VariCAD Viewer
- VariCAD Viewer for Linux (Linux)
BravoDRAFT Detailer files
It is associated with old CAD application called BravoDRAFT.
Although the program was using the DWG for its CAD format, its not format based on AutoCAD and opening BravoDRAFT’s .dwg in other CAD programs is very difficult of not impossible task.
BravoDRAFT is no longer sold or supported application.
Programs viewers download
You can get Free download viewer. Just try one of the following options, some are free some are trials versions.