- Extension: .jar
- File type: compression
- Description: Compressed java archive file package
- Developer: Java
- Format: binary data
Problems Opening JAR Files? If you have a File with the .jar Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .jar File
A JAR file or Compressed java archive files package which is the format for java based applets or apps.
JAR Files are packages that can have the following types:
- Compressed archive package for Java classes and data files: It is related to Java archives used as preferable format for java based applets or apps.
Programs to Open JAR Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension JAR it will launch it.
If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for package for Java classes and data in your PC or mobile device.
You can use the following software to open, view, edit and convert:
- ALZip (Microsoft Windows)
- Blackberry OTA Downloader
- Chromium for Linux (Linux)
- Chromium for Mac (Apple OS X)
- Firefox (Microsoft Windows)
- Firefox for Linux (Linux)
- Firefox for Mac (Apple OS X)
- Google Chrome (Microsoft Windows)
- Google Chrome for Linux (Linux)
- Google Chrome for Mac
- IZArc (Microsoft Windows)
- Java (multiplatform software)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Opera browser
- Opera browser for Linux(Linux)
- Opera browser for Mac
- Safari (Apple OS X)
- Safari for Microsoft Windows
- SeaMonkey (multiplatform software)
- WinRAR (Microsoft Windows)
.jar related extensions
How to open JAR Files
- First, find your .jar file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: ALZip, Blackberry OTA Downloader, Chromium, Firefox, Google Chrome. Opera, Java, Safari.
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert a JAR File
We don’t have any information about the conversion of JAR format or an online converter.
Problems opening JAR Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .JAR is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a JAR File
You can create it with these programs:
- JAva (Multplatform)
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete it safely but you will loose the java project information.
About .JAR extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .jar suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The Package for Java classes can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the JAR format or software related.