- Extension: .jnlp
- File type: miscellanous
- Description: Java Network Launching Protocol
- Developer: Java
- Format: binary data
- MIME: application/x-java-jnlp-file
Problems Opening JNLP Files? If you have a File with the .jnlp Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .jnlp File
An JNLP file or Java Network Launching Protocol, is associated with Java.
JNLP Files are formatted in XML and are used for launching and managing Java programs on internet or as standalone applications over a private network.
Using Java Web Start technology, standalone Java software applications can be deployed with a single click over the network. Java Web Start ensures the most current version of the application will be deployed. As well as the correct version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Programs to Open JNLP Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension JNLP it will launch it.
If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for Java Network Launching Protocol in your PC or mobile device.
You can use the following software view, edit and convert:
- Java (multiplatform software).
.jnlp related extensions
How to open JNLP Files
- First, find your .jnlp file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Java platform
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert a JNLP File
We don’t have any information about JNLP conversion or an online converter.
Problems opening JNLP Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .JNLP is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a JNLP File
You can create it with its native software, the Java Platform.
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete it safely but you will loose all the Java information on it. It can be dangerous to delete this type.
About .JNLP extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .jnlp suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The encapsulated postscript format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the JNLP format or software related.