- Extension: .jsp
- File type: miscellaneous
- Description: JAVA Server page files
- Developer: https://www.java.com
- Format: binary data
Problems Opening JSP Files? If you have a File with the .jsp Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .jsp File
An jsp file is a java server page format with references to Java Servlet generation.
JSP Files have information of the following types:
- Java server page suffix is related to HTML websites that contain references to a Java servlet. This format is used to generate Java servlet:
Programs to Open JSP Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension JSP it will launch it.
If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for encrypted message type in your PC or mobile device.
You can use the following software:
- Adobe Contribute (Windows)
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe ExtendScript <(Microsoft Windows)
- Apache Tomcat (Microsoft Windows)
- Firefox (Microsoft Windows)
- Java (multiplatform software)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (Windows)
.jsp related extensions
How to open jsp Files
- First, find your .jsp file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Java, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Apache tomcat, dreamweaver, Adobe extendscript, Adobe contribute.
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert jsp Files
We don’t have any information about jsp conversion or any online converter to other formats.
Problems opening JSP Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .JSP is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a JSP File
You can create it with the java multiplatform software. Also you can use any text editor.
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete it safely but you will loose all the data related to the Java Servlet.
About .jsp extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .JSP suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The java active server pages format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the JSP format or software related.