Lyric definition and linked programs information.
How to Open LRC Files
The File extension lrc is used by the following type(s):
The Default .lrc file type: Lyric files
The LRC file extension is generally used for files that contain lyrics data with time tags to synchronize with media files. There are a few media players and plugins support that LRC format: Media Commands, Lyrics Library, Lyrics Power, Lyrics Universe and Winamp Lyrics3 plugin.
- Simple LRC Format: it is a format developed by Kuo (Djohan) Shiang-shiang and his lyrics displayer was probably the first program that tried to simulate Karaoke performance. It contains only time tags for lines and doesn’t support real-time lyrics line progressive coloring. All players mentioned above support this format.
- Enhanced Lyrics Format: it is a more powerful LRC format developed by Media Commands based on the simple LRC format. Time tag for word (or syllable) is allowed. With skillful synchronization technique, this can be used to simulate real Karaoke performance by doing real-time lyrics line progressive coloring. It is already used in real-time Video Karaoke Show. Currently, only Media Commands supports this format.
Software, Applications and Programs that open lrc files in Windows:
- Dance With Intensity (Microsoft Windows)
- StepMania (multiplatform software)
- TTPlayer (Windows)
- Winamp with Lyrics3 plugin (Windows)