- Extension: .PAGES
- File type: document
- Description: iWork Pages document file definition and linked programs information and files.
- Developer: Apple
- Format: text data
Problems Opening PAGES Files? If you have a File with the .PAGES Extension you need specific programs that can open pages file, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader
What is a .PAGES File
This Apple pages file, for which you do not know, is the equivalent of Word for Mac. It is part of the Apple iWork office suite, and has a very basic problem: you can not view it in Word for Windows.
Why? Because Apple and Microsoft are so playful.
PAGES files can have information of the following types:
- iWork document : This suffix is related to iWork documents, openable solely in Apple iWork.
.PAGES related extensions
Programs to Open PAGES Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension PAGES it will launch it.
If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for partial download format type in your PC or mobile device.
The following programs can help you view, edit or convert:
- Work (Apple OS X)
- iWork Pages (Apple OS X)
- Pages for iOS (iOS)
- USB Flash Drive for iOS (iOS)
- ZAMZAR – Free Online Conversion (multiplatform software)
How to open PAGES Files
- First, find your .PAGES file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Work, IWork, Pages for IOS, USB Flash Drive for iOS, Winrar, 7Zip, Winzip and Zamzar.
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
In Windows, you only need one thing: a file-sharing compressor, such as WinRAR, 7Zip or WinZip, whichever you like the most, are all free. If you already have it installed, we continue.
All you have to do is take the file, which will be something like “xxxx.pages”, and change the extension (right click and then “Rename”). You only have to delete the suffix and put “.zip” instead -without the quotes-, in such a way that “xxxx.zip” would remain.
When we change it, it will automatically become a .zip compressed , which we can open without any problem with the compressor we have downloaded before.
And what will we have inside? Well, among many useless things we will have a .PDF that contains the text that was in the page document, and we can view it and read it without any problem.
You can read that PDF file from any operating system. As PDF that is, editing it is somewhat more complicated, like converting it to Word -without going through third-party websites, of course-, but at least you can read it and it will get you out of a punctual hurry.
Open .pages files extension without iwork
iWork is an office software package that Apple sells for its Mac and iPad computers. It was presented in 2005 and for January 2009 iWork ’09 was launched. This includes Pages, Keynote and Numbers: programs for word processing, presentations and spreadsheets. It saves the documents with the default suffix “.pages”. To date there are no other word processing programs that can open this format, however, the program also includes a PDF in each document. PC and Mac do not need iWork to open the PDF and access the text of this document.
- Save it on your computer’s desktop.
- Click on it and change the extension to “.zip”. On a Mac you can also right click on it and select “Get information”. Change it in the “Name and Extension” field of the information window and close it at the end.
- Double-click on the “zip” to unzip it. This will create a folder on the desktop with the same name as the original file.
- Double-click on the new folder to open it. Inside the folder you will see another folder called “QuickLook”.
- Double-click on the “QuickLook” folder. Inside it you will see a PDF with the same name as the original.
- Open the PDF in any software that reads PDF to view the document.
This is how you open pages files easily.
How to convert a PAGES File
You can convert it using an online converter like Zamzar.
Problems opening PAGES Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .PAGES is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a PAGES File
You can create a iWork document with the Apple Iwork Office Suite.
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete your iWork document format safely. However, double check before deleting as you will lose you documents. It is safe to delete it for your system.
About .PAGES extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .PAGES suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The iWork document format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the PAGES Files or software related.