- Extension: .PART
- File type: miscellaneous
- Description: Partial download
- Developer: unknown
- Format: binary and text data
- MIME: application/pro_eng
Problems Opening PART Files? If you have a File with the .PART Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .PART File
A PART file is a partial download from many different programs and developers.
PART files can have information of the following types:
- Partial download files: This suffix is usually related to downloads from internet that are not yet finished. When the download is finished, the original suffix will be restored.
- PTC Pro/Engineer Part files: It was used by Pro/Engineer program for files that contained data about mechanical parts used in project. Pro/Engineer was replaced by Creo/Parametric software.
Programs to Open PART Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension PART it will launch it.
If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for partial download format type in your PC or mobile device.
The following programs can help you open, view, edit or convert:
- eMule Plus (Microsoft Windows)
- Firefox (Microsoft Windows)
- Firefox for Linux (Linux)
- Firefox for Mac (Apple OS X)
- FlashGet (Windows)
- Free Download Manager (Windows)
- Go!Zilla (Microsoft Windows)
- Pro/Engineer (multiplatform software)
.PART related extensions
How to open PART Files
- First, find your .PART file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Emule Plus, Mozilla Firefox, Flashget, Free Download Manager, Go!Zilla, Pro/Engineer.
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert a PART File
We don’t have any information about PART conversion to other formats. However, it depends on the type of the file you are trying to download.
Problems opening PART Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .PART is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a PART File
As it is a partially downloaded file, you can create it when you download something and you suddenly interrupt it.
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete your partial download format safely. However, double check before deleting as you will lose you information you were downloading. It is safe to delete it for your system.
About .PART extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .PART suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The partial download format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the PART File or software related.