- Extension: .ppt
- File type: Document
- Description: Microsoft PowerPoint 97 to 2003 Presentation definition and 3 other types and linked programs information.
- Developer: Microsoft
- Format: binary data
Opening PPT Files? If you have a File with the .PPT Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .PPT File
A PPT file suffix is related to Microsoft PowerPoint 97 to 2020 Presentation documents. Presentations created in Microsoft PowerPoint. It is the most commonly used file format.
PPT files can have also information of these formats:
- BIFF : This is a simple archive format, used both to simplify organization of the files, as well as to group together entire areas
- Sony Playstation Portable texture: It is also associated with applications and games for Sony Playstation Portable. Texture files
Programs to Open PPT Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the files icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension .PPT It will launch it. If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for opening Microsoft power point presentation documents files in your PC or mobile device.
- Ability Draw (Microsoft Windows)
- Ability Presentation
- Ashampoo Office
- Corel Presentations
- do PDF Free PDF Converter (Microsoft Windows)
- eOffice (Blackberry)
- Free PDF Converter (Windows)
- IBM Lotus Symphony (multiplatform)
- LibreOffice Impress (multiplatform software)
- Microsoft Office for Windows, MAC (Apple OS X) and Mobiles
- Microsoft PowerPoint Windows and for MAC (Apple OS X)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer
- Office Regenerator (Microsoft Windows)
- OfficeSuite (Nokia Symbian)
- OfficeSuite Professional (Google Android)
- OfficeSuite Viewer (Google Android)
- OpenOffice.org (multiplatform software)
- PowerPoint Regenerator
- SoftMaker Office
- SoftMaker Office for Windows Mobile (Windows Mobile)
- SoftMaker Presentations (Microsoft Windows)
- USB Flash Drive for iOS (iOS)
- XnView multiplatform software)
.PPT related extensions
How to open PPT Files
- First, find you .PPT files in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Ability Presentation, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer, PowerPoint Regenerator
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert PPT Files
We don’t have specific information about PPT conversion to other formats or an online converter.
Problems opening PPT Files: Won’t or Can’t open
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a PPT File
You can use this software to create a powerpoint presentation document: Microsoft Power point
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete your powerpoint presentation document files safely. However, double check before deleting as you will lose all the presentations information. It is safe to delete it for your system.
About .PPT extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .ppt suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The presentation files format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the PPT File or software related.