- Extension: .SYS
- File type: System, internal
- Description: System files (configuration and process properties)
- Developer: N/A
- Format: binary and text data
Problems Opening SYS Files? If you have a File with the .SYS Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .SYS File
A SYS file is a system file with information needed for the system to work properly as configuration or properties .
SYS files can have information of the following types:
- System files: It is commonly used for system files under Windows platforms. Usually these files contain code for hardware device drivers and files required for operating system itself. Errors in these system files can cause operating system malfunction or data loss.
- System configuration: It is used for system configuration file (config.sys in MS-DOS, Win95/98/ME) and newer versions.
Programs to Open SYSI Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension SYS it will launch it.
If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for partial download format type in your PC or mobile device.
The following programs can help you open, view, edit or convert:
- Microsoft Word
- DR-DOS (MS-DOS)
- Microsoft Windows
.SYS related extensions
How to open SYS Files
- First, find your .sys file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Microsoft Windows, MS-DOS, Notepad
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert SYS Files
We don’t have any information about SYS conversion or any online converter to other formats.
Problems opening SYS Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .SYS is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a SYS File
There is no point in creating this system file as it is automatically created by the operating system. If for any reason you have to create it you can use a text editor.
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
Warning, if you delete your system file it is very likely that your computer or mobile device crash as it is a very important part of the operating system.
About .SYS extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .SYS suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The system files format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the SYS format or software related.