- Extension: .TDL
- File type: System, internal
- Description: MathType translator definition language
- Developer: N/A
- Format: binary and text data
Problems Opening TDL Files? If you have a File with the .TDL Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .TDL File
A TDL file is a MathType translator definition language.
TDL files can have information of the following types:
- MathType translator definition language: It is used by MathType. A .tdl translates characters in certain fonts to mathematical symbols.
- Tab Delineated files format: It is associated with Tab Delineated file format. The .tdl files stores data in a text format with blocks of information separated by tabs somewhat similar to a .csv Comma Separated Value file, but uses tabs to delineate data instead of commas. It can be imported into most spreadsheet programs. Tab delineated files may also use the .tsv Tab Separated Values file extension.
- Train Depot Track designer: Windows 95 program for designing layouts quickly and simply.
Programs to Open TDL Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension TDL it will launch it.
If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for MathType translator definition language.type in your PC or mobile device.
The following programs can help you open, view, edit or convert:
- MathType (multiplatform software)
- Ashampoo Media Player (Windows)
- Lotus 1-2-3 (Microsoft Windows)
- Microsoft Excel (Windows)
- OpenOffice.org Calc (multiplatform software)
- Track Designer (Microsoft Windows)
.TDL related extensions
How to open TDL Files
- First, find your .tdl file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Mathtype, Ashampoo, Lotus 1-2-3, Microsoft Excel, Open Office or Track Designer.
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert TDL Files
We don’t have any information about TDL conversion or any online converter to other formats.
Problems opening TDL Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .TDL is properly associated with the software when you double click on it.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a TDL File
You can create it depending on the type of TDL that you need with this software:
- Ashampoo Media Player
- Lotus 1-2-3
- Microsoft Excel
- OpenOffice.org Calc
- Track Designer
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete it safely, there is no danger for your system. However be sure to backup it before to ensure you don’t loose any importan data.
About .TDL extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .TDL suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The system files format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the TDL format or software related.