- Extension: .TMP
- File type: System
- Description: Extended disk format image definition and 6 other types and linked programs information.
- Developer: https://www.nasa.gov
- Format: binary data
What is a extensible and extended disk format image file? Opening XDF Files? If you have a File with the .XDF Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .XDF file
A xdf file is a format that can be from the following types:
- Extended disk format image: XDF file is associated with OS/2 operating system. File is created by OS/2 xdfcopy.exe application.
- Externally Defined Function files: XDF files offer a simple solution for creating application entry points and recognizing properly exposed functions
- Milnta APL transfer function: The transfer functions in workspace ‘xfrpc’ allow transferring objects, workspaces and files between major APLs.
- ProWORX Nxt extended memory data: This suffix is associated with ProWORX. It contains extended memory data.
- Workshare synergy files: It is associated with Workshare software
- X68000 image files: The Sharp X68000, often referred to as the X68k, is a home computer released only in Japan by the Sharp Corporation.
Programs to Open TMP Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds a program associated with the extension It will launch it. If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for opening extended disk format images files in your PC or mobile device.
- ObjectARX (Windows)
- Visual LISP (Microsoft Windows)
- ProWORX (multiplatform software)
- Workshare Professional (Windows)
How to open XDF Files
- First, right-click on the .XDF file you wish to open.
- Then, select “Open”.
- Then, choose from the list of available programs one of the recommended above: OS/2, Visual List, ObjectARX, ProWORX, Workshare professional.
- Finally, click on the “Accept” option.
How to convert a XDF File online
There is not any universal online converter and we don’t have any information about the conversion of this format.
How to delete, is it safe?
You shouldn’t delete xdf files as they can be from the system.
Problems opening XDF Files: Can’t open
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .xdf is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
About .XDF extension
In filesextension.com we explain what is a file with the .xdf suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The extended disk format image files format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the XDF File or software related.