- Extension: .XPI
- File type: miscellanous
- Description: Firefox browser extension
- Developer: Mozilla Firefox
- Format: binary and text data
Problems Opening XPI Files? If you have a File with the .XPI Extension you need specific programs that can open, edit, view and convert this format type. Specific software like an editor, viewer or reader.
What is a .XPI File
An XPI file is a Firefox browser extension with information of add-ons and other basic functionality of the Mozilla browser.
XPI files can have information of the following types:
- Firefox browser extension: It is related to Firefox and used for its add-ons, mimi-programs that enhance the functionality of the browser.
Programs to Open XPI Files
The first step is to use the double click method or tap in the file icon. If windows finds program associated with the extension TDL it will launch it.
If it doesn’t recognise it it means you don’t have installed the software needed for Firefox browser extension definition language.type in your PC or mobile device.
The following programs can help you open, view, edit or convert:
- Firefox (Microsoft Windows)
- Firefox for Linux (Linux)
- Firefox for Mac (Apple OS X)
- PeaZip (multiplatform software)
- SeaMonkey (multiplatform software)
- ZipZag (Microsoft Windows)
.XPI related extensions
How to open XPI Files
- First, find your .xpi file in your computer or mobile device.
- Then, you must double click on it if you are using a desktop computer, or tap on it with a mobile device.
- A drop down menu will appear with a list of programs to open with.
- Select one of the programs recommended above: Mozilla Firefox, PeaZip, Seamonkey, ZigZag
- Wait the software to launch.
- View the format.
- Save it if you want to keep it.
How to convert a XPI File
We don’t have any information about XPI conversion or any online converter to other formats.
Problems opening XPI Files: Can’t open?
If you experience problems opening it, windows raises a message: “Microsoft Windows can’t open this file”
Ensure you follow the next tips:
- Ensure the extension .XPI is properly associated with the software when you double click on the file.
- Check that you have installed at least one of the programs need to manage these files.
- Update the program to get the last version.
- Ensure you have all the computer privileges, you are admin or you have all needed privileges.
How to create a XPI File
You can create it depending on the type of XPI that you need with this software:
How to Delete? Is it Safe?
You can delete it safely if you want to uninstall the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you want to use the browser you shouldn’t delete it.
About .XPI extension
In filesextension.com we explain yo what is a file with the .XPI suffix, how to edit, view, open and convert it.
The Firefox Browser Extension format can be opened with the programs above in windows, mac and linux.
Contact us through the contact page if you have additional information, comment or need help about the XPI format or software related.